The Faculty of Engineering was established in 1952 as a part of the University of Agriculture under the original name Faculty of Mechanization. The Faculty has belonged to the renamed Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague since 01.01.1995. During its existence, the Faculty of Engineering has educated more than 8,000 graduates in the full-time and combined forms of study. Members of the Faculty are engaged in activities in pedagogic, research, expertise and consultancy areas. The Faculty consists of ten departments, Laboratory of InformationTechnologies, a Technology Certification Centre and Department of Expert Activities (Expert Institute).
The Faculty of Engineering is a party to more than 50 international contracts signed with various European universities. CULS has implemented the ECTS system (European Credit Transfer System), which greatly facilitates the mobility of students. A portion of study can be completed at recommended universities abroad, or based on individual study plans, students are provided the opportunity to participate in internships or practical training abroad. Study applicants who work can choose from the combined form of the Bachelor’s degree and follow-up Master’s degree programmes, whereas all study programmes, apart from programmes instructed in English (TEE and AE) can be studied in a combined form.
Admission and entrance exams
At the Faculty of Engineering CULS can be received by every citizen of the Czech Republic with complete secondary education, completed graduation exam, which passes the entrance examination. Applications for study should be submitted to the Study Department of the Faculty of Engineering and 31 March. Administrative admission fee is 500 CZK. Applications can be submitted only electronically here.