Electrical engineering represents one of the key fields influencing the development and direction of society. We prepare professionals for rewarding careers in different spheres, such as electronics and computers, telecommunications, electrical power engineering, power electronics and drives, transportation systems, smart clothes, etc. Faculty of Electrical Engineering has a tradition of more than 70 years of providing quality education.
While you study, you can actively participate with our academic staff in R&D projects with significant practical applications carried out hand in hand with industrial partners. Major leading businesses will be keen on hiring you, as you acquire the most up-to-date knowledge and practical skills. Graduates in electrical engineering experience 100 % employment and our diploma is world-wide recognized.
We offer a sophisticated system of various scholarships and provide full service for international students - helping with visas, accommodation, orientation in the campus and the city, and more.
Admission and entrance exams
Conditions for admission
- secondary education completed by the final exam / full completion of university studies in any type of study programme / completion of study on the Master study programme (PhD candidates),
- filing a correctly completed application, including the required annexes,
- payment of an administrative fee for the admission procedure,
- compliance with the admission criteria / successful completion of the admission interview (PhD candidates)
Application for study
- electronically at eprihlaska.zcu.cz,
- fill in required data,
- enclose the required annexes
- a medical certificate is not requested,
- the applicant has the right to state in the application form that he/she is a person with specific educational needs,
- in exceptional cases it is possible to submit a paper application - do not forget to sign it.
Required annexes to the Application form (in pdf format):
- summary of secondary school grades – Transcript of record (with the averages given for each year),
- a school-leaving certificate; in the case of a final exam passed abroad, a certificate on recognition of foreign education or confirmation of foreign education according to Dean’s Decree „Assessment of foreign education for the purposes of the admission procedure to the study programs of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of West Bohemia“,
- in the case of foreigners applying to study in Czech language, a certificate of completion of Czech language examination at B1 level according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) - CCE (Certified Exam in Czech for Foreigners) or Examination of the Institute of Applied Language Studies of the University of West Bohemia; this does not apply to Slovak citizens and secondary school graduates who studied in Czech,
- in the case of applicants applying to study in English, a certificate of completion of the English language examination at B1 level (TOEIC, IELTS, FCE, ECL, TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo) - does not apply to applicants whose native language is English and secondary school graduates with a degree program in English (confirmation from secondary school required),
- documents demonstrating activities for which bonus points can be earned.
More details about admissions for Bachelor, Master and Doctoral study programs here.
International Students Coordinator
+ 420 377 634 095
The administrative fee for admission procedure is 500 CZK = 20 EUR = 22 USD
Tuition fee in English study programs
The tuition fee in English study programs is 4000 EUR per year.
- Scholarship based on study results
- START‐UP scholarship for excellent students
- Accommodation scholarship
- Individual scholarship