The University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, is a traditional public university and a natural centre for high-quality instruction and research.
According to the respected international ranking of universities, the QS ranking, UCT Prague is among the 350 best universities in the world, and even among the Top 50 in the individual support of students during their studies.
UCT Prague focuses on technical chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, pharmaceuticals, materials and chemical engineering, the food industry, and environment studies. Since 2020, it has expanded its scientific and pedagogical expertise in the field of economics and management.
For employers, UCT Prague graduates are a natural first choice: in addition to deep theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills, they are particularly appreciated for their proactive engineering thinking and the ability to respond quickly to new problems and challenges. Graduates often find employment as corporate technologists, laboratory experts, managers, scientists, and experts in state administrative bodies.
Admission and entrance exams
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DEGREE STUDIES IN ENGLISH
- Online application form
- Diploma with Diploma Supplement or Graduation Certificate with Transcript of Records (the list of all subjects studied last 4 years, proving extent and content of programme, incl. the number of lessons). Only certified copies of the originals are acceptable, i.e. stamped by the educational institute, officially translated into English (where applicable) and verified according to the international agreements *More information on the UCT Prague website
- Recognition Certificate of previous education acquired abroad
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English Language Knowledge (minimum FCE, TOEFL iBT: minimum score 80, IELTS: minimum band score 5.0)
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport or ID
- Certified translation of Birth Certificate or other document proving evidence of date and place of birth
- Recent Health certificate (not older than 2 months) issued by an official health institution
- List of publications and other outcomes of scientific work (relevant for PhD applicants only)
Second ERC CZ grant for professor Sofer
Professor Zdeněk Sofer received support for his second ERC CZ program project entitled “The Next Generation of Monoeleme…
Success for UCT Prague in the QS World University Ranking
For the first time, UCT Prague has been ranked among the 1,000 best universities in the world.
UCT Prague has established the position of visiting professor
Martin Pumera is the first person to be named to this position.
Dormitories/Halls of Residence
UCT Prague provides international students accommodation in dormitories located in the southern part of Prague, in the district of Chodov.
There are two buildings, Sázava and Volha, which offer either double or triple rooms. Two neighboring rooms share a bathroom, a toilet, and a small corridor with a fridge. They are equipped with basic furniture.
International students living in the dormitories do not need to register with the Foreign Police to announce their arrival in the Czech Republic; this is taken care of by the Administration of UCT Prague Facilities.